Monday, December 19, 2011

Annie Sloan Demo House??? Can I do a house makeover???

Our house is a typical year 2000 suburban home. Medium oak woodwork everywhere, white vinyl panel doors, textured ceiling, two story, laminate wood floor, inexpensive white kitchen cupboards. The living area gets lots of use! And the kitchen? Well, let's just say I love to cook. Everything is pretty dated. The two rooms I like the most are the dining room which I feel I got "just right" and our bedroom that I did years ago in a deep blue Ralph Lauren suede paint finish. That was before my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint experience.

The redeeming part of this otherwise dull house is that it sits on .44 acres backing to woods and a park. Oh yes, I love to garden and am a Master Gardener. We have deer (often), occasional fox, ground hog, and a large variety of birds -- ranging from some very busy humming birds this year to turkey buzzards and bald eagle sitings!


So, now I am thinking ambitious. An Annie Sloan Demo House? Re-do room by my house using Annie Sloan products? From paint to wax to lacquer! Can I do it? Is it too ambitious? I'm thinking start small -- the ground floor guest bathroom. That will give me experience with walls, cabinet and floor. I'm excited and intimidated by the prospect -- but heaven knows this house needs a major makeover!

Only problem? So many color choices! That is why I will fall back on the color expert -- Annie herself! If you visit http://www.anniesloan.com/ you will discover that if you click on each color Annie gives combination advice! Or pick up one of her books.

Meanwhile get signed up for the workshop closest to you during the Annie Sloan American Tour I'll be at the Oak Brook workshop with lots of my colleagues. Will you be? Let me know! Good for another entry of your name into the Great Iowa Chalk Paint Give Away!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to watch my schedule and if it turns out we are going to Chicago to visit our oldest son and family, I would LOVE to go! Have a wonderful Christmas Janet!

    ReplyDelete