Central Iowa Headquarters for Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan!
In Sherwood Forest Center
7518 Hickman Rd Des Moines
Thursday, December 8, 2011
"Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity!" What Thoreau might say about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint -- LOL
Okay, taking quite a bit of literary license here, but were he alive today I am thinking Thoreau might just be interested in re-doing some old decor with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. The cans themselves say a lot. Simple and to the point!
Here is Annie's own lis about why Chalk Paint is a very special paint!
1. It's the BEST paint for painting furniture by a long way
2. You can use the paint by diluting it with water to make a wash to show the wood grain
3. You can use it as an impasto ( thickly) - leave the lid off to thicken
4. You can use it on any surface, indoors and out!
5. No need to prime or prepare
6. The colours are mixed intelligently and can be adapted and mixed into other colours for your use
7. It's a girls' paint, but boys can use it too.
8. It's flexible so you can be creative and change your mind
9. It allows your walls to breathe so it is perfect for cottage walls
10. Extremely low VOCs so it is good for the environment
And these are my additions:
11. Clean up with water, or soap and water!
12. Even a novice can produce something incredible
13. Dries quickly
14. Can do a major piece in one day -- do you hear me? one day -- Not a week!
So follow my December 5 blog to enter our Giveaway contest. If you can't wait to see if you win, shop Chalk Paint by calling me, visiting the Brass Armadillo in Des Moines or shopping at my website (button on right). Then check out and sign up for your space at the Annie Sloan American Tour in March 2012.